Mattel has announced their return to SDCC with a number of panels, product showcases (at booth #3029 and #2945) and special fan events. The celebration starts on July 11th when Mattel Creations opens the vault and starts “12 Days of Fandom”. This fan-first celebration will unveil the latest collectibles from your favorite Mattel properties and offer a 288-hour sale of the year’s exclusives. You can stay on top of the daily announcements here.
At the show, Mattel will have both panel discussions and special in-booth fan events. The planned panels include:
- Mattel & WWE Elite Squad Fan Panel: Thursday, July 21st from 11:15AM-12:15PT (Room 6A)
Hosted by Sam Roberts and Ciampa, the panel will include WWE action figure reveals and WWE Superstars Cody Rhodes and Queen Zelina
- Masters of the Universe (MOTU) 40th Anniversary Fan Panel: Thursday, July 21st from 3:00-4:00PT (Hall H)
Kevin Smith interviews some greats from MOTU’s history including talent and creators from all eras spanning toys, film, TV and publishing. Special guests include Dolph Lungren, Tiffany Smith, Rob David, (friend of AwesomeToyBlog) Pixel Dan and other surprise guests.
- Toys Find a Way: Behind the Scenes and Screams of Jurassic World Dinosaur Design: Friday July 22nd, 11:00AM-12:00PM PT (Mattel Booth #3029)
Fans can dive into the creation of the toys based on the iconic dinosaurs from Jurassic World Dominion, while having access to product reveals, trivia and giveaways.
- Masters of the Universe (MOTU) Design Panel: Friday July 22nd, 3:00-4:00PM PT (Mattel Booth #3029)
Fans can dive into the creative process that goes into making MOTU figures and packaging, and more!
- Minecraft Diamond Level Design Panel: Saturday July 23rd, 11:00AM-12:00PM PT (Mattel Booth #3029)
Join the Mattel design team and see some behind-the-scenes details of the creation of the first ever Minecraft action figure collector line. This panel features special guest Antti Meriluoto, Creative Lead Consumer Products at Mojang Studios and the Mattel design team.
SDCC Fan First Events (at Mattel Booth #3029)
- WWE Superstar Meet& Greet (Photos Only): Thursday July 21st, 1:15-2:15PM
- Masters of the Universe x Cryptoys Poster Signing: Friday, July 22nd, 1:00-2:00PM
- Monster High Designer Signing: Saturday, July 23rd, 2:00-3:00PM