Lego today shared details of the 23rd set to be released via the Lego Cuusoo/Lego Ideas program, the Pop-Up Book. Coming on November 1st, this set can be built to tell two classic fairy tales which can fold up and hide inside a book.
One week after the release, November 8th, the Lego Cuusoo/Lego Ideas program turns 10! This program gives Lego fans a way to propose new sets and have a say in the products Lego produces. Since the inception of this program, we’ve seen the Back To The Future’s DeLorean, WALL-E, the TARDIS, a ball maze, the Curiosity Mars Rover, the Beatles’ Yellow Submarine, the Saturn V rocket and so many more. As the program enters it’s second decade, the output of the Lego Ideas program is only limited by the imagination and talents of Lego fans everywhere.
Check out the details on the Pop-up book set below.
21315 – Pop-Up Book
859 pieces | Age 12+ $69.99 (USD) Available November 1st
Enjoy 2 classic fairy tales with this brick-mazing pop-up LEGO® book!
Bring the classic fairy tales Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk to life with the first-ever pop-up book made from LEGO® bricks! Open the book and up pops grandmother’s lovely cottage with swinging door and an interior so you and your family can recreate the memorable story. Will Little Red Riding Hood recognize her grandmother in pajamas or is that the wolf in disguise? Or swap out the scene and climb to the top of the beanstalk in search of treasure in the giant’s castle, but microfigure Jack better keep an eye open for the hungry minifigure giant!
- Includes 4 new-for-November-2018 LEGO® minifigures: Little Red Riding Hood, Grandmother, the Wolf, and the Giant. Also includes 1 new-for-November-2018 microfigure: Jack
- First pop-up book in LEGO history features 2 different LEGO fairy tale stories: Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Build and display or recreate your own stories from 2 classic fairy tales with this imagination toy
- This LEGO® Ideas set features enough bricks to build both fairy tales in the set or you can even build your own scene.
- Includes a booklet featuring building instructions, a brief history of pop-up books, a short history of the 2 fairy tales in the set, plus information about this amazing classic fairy tale’s fan designers and LEGO® designers.
- Pop-up book measures over 7” (20cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide when closed, and over 11” (28cm) wide when open.