New Wave is proud to announce that pre-orders for the next entry in its line of collectible mini arcade cabinets start today. Missile Command X RepliCade packs in all the original thrills of Atari’s arcade classic in a fully playable 1/6-scale reproduction. It will be available in two editions: The Standard Edition is a replica of the machine found in your local arcade or bowling alley, while the special Field-Test Edition recreates Atari’s pre-production model of the cabinet before Missile Command went into mass production.
Missile Command is a legendary arcade fixture, and it’s been referenced in films including Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Terminator 2: Judgment Day. It was created by legendary Atari programmer Dave Theurer, who also designed Tempest. New Wave’s reproduction brings the same premium-quality materials and attention to detail that it’s known for, making both versions of Missile Command X RepliCade must-have collectibles for fans of classic games and retro enthusiasts.
Missile Command X RepliCade Standard Edition is a faithful recreation of the 1980 arcade original, featuring a Trak-Ball interface, illuminated Volcano-style buttons, and striking cabinet art. A unique CRT FX lens transforms the built-in LCD to look like a CRT display from the era — scanlines and all.
The Missile Command X RepliCade Field-Test Edition includes everything from the Standard Edition along with some additional flourishes. Most notably the cabinet features an oversized marquee panel that lights up and blinks, helping to sell the fantasy that players are the last line of defense against an incoming nuclear attack. The taller cabinet also features rarely seen pre-production artwork on the control panel and cabinet — a special treat for old-school gamers.
- Replica Missile Command arcade machine miniaturized in 1/6-scale
- Trak-Ball XL, a free-spinning, extra-large Trak-Ball that provides smooth and accurate control
- CRT FX, a convex, transparent lens that transforms the LCD screen to look like a CRT television screen
- Plays the original arcade Missile Command ROM
- Arcade Operator’s menu with customizable dip switch and cabinet settings
- Cabinet constructed from traditional materials: wood, metal, and plastic
- Atari Volcano Lighted Buttons
- RepliCade signature amplified mono audio reproduction with volume control
- High-resolution cabinet art reproduction on quality 3M vinyl overlays
- High score saving with non-volatile memory
- Built-in, high-capacity rechargeable battery
- Premium LCD color screen 4:3 aspect ratio (horizontal orientation)
- Officially licensed by Atari
- Limited Edition
Missile Command: Field-Test Edition
- Includes everything in the Standard Edition, plus:
- Field-Test Edition Illuminated Marquee Panel
- Field-Test Edition pre-production Control Panel
- Atari’s Triple Slot diecast metal coin door
- Field-Test Edition professionally reproduced cabinet art
- Limited Edition / Individually numbered
Pre-orders are open today on NewWaveToys.com and will continue until November 5. Pre-order pricing for Missile Command X RepliCade Standard Edition is $139.99 (MSRP: $149.99). The Missile Command X RepliCade Field-Test Edition can be pre-ordered for $159.99 (MSRP: $169.99). Both editions are expected to ship Q1 2022.