SDCC is right around the corner and our friends over at Saban sent over a summary of everything Power Rangers that’s planned for this years’ show.
Throughout the convention look for Dino Super Charge Rangers and the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and be sure to grab a photo. For the first time in several years the Green Mighty Morphin Power Ranger joins the gang.
Lionsgate/nWay will host a Legacy Wars tournament at the Lionsgate booth, which includes the participation of the Green Ranger Jason David Frank throughout the show. Lionsgate will be giving away branded hoodies and shirts as prizes, be distributing Power Ranger slap bracelets and host the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for photo ops.
The Bandai America booth will feature a GIF booth which will allow fans to superimpose themselves into the MMPR morhing sequence. Bandai America will also be offering a number of exclusives at the show including the Zeo Black/Gold Communicator ($100), Tokyo Vinyl Black/Gold Megazord ($60), Legacy Movie Megazord ($40) and Micro Morphins Capsule Figures ($25) – note that limited quantities will be available each day.
There will be several Power Rangers specific panels at the show. Details are below:
Official SDCC Panel
- ABOUT: Power Rangers will host an official SDCC panel inside the convention center, which will focus on consumer products, featuring current and upcoming news from the franchise.
- WHEN: Thursday, 7/20; Time: 12-1:00 PM
- WHERE: Room 25ABC
- WHO: Moderator – Nerdist’s Dan Casey; Panelists include Saban Brands’ rep Jason Bischoff and select partners (i.e. nWay, Pop Culture Shock, Imaginext, etc.)
- WHAT: Panel will include panelist discussion and audience Q+A with prizes/giveaways for fans who ask questions
Boom! Studios Comic Panel – Booth #2229
- WHO: Host – Melissa Flores, Saban Brands Director of Development and Production; Moderator – Ciara Hanna, Yellow SMF Ranger
- WHEN: Friday, 7/21; Time: 11:30 – 12:30PM
- Following panel (1-1:50 pm) signing with Ciara Hanna; writer, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Kyle Higgins; Writer, Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers, Ryan Parrott; and artist, Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers, Dan Mora
- Giveaway of exclusive MMPR slap bracelet and MMPR costume character appearances at booth
- Selling exclusive variant covers and launching the new ongoing Go Go Power Rangers series
In addition to the exclusives available at the Bandai America booth, these other exclusives will be available.
Entertainment Earth – Booth #2343
- Micro Morphins Capsule Figures ($25)
Funko – Booth #5341:
- 6” Pop Megazord ($14.99)
Monogram Direct – Booth #3645
- Saban’s Power Rangers Figural Keyring ($39.99)
- Added features include 2 exclusive Metallic Colored Red & Blue Rangers for SDCC only
BOOM! Studios – Booth #2229
- Jim Lee Tribute Covers – $20 individual/$75 for set of 4 individual comics/$100 for the pullout version including entire panoramic
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #17 SDCC Exclusive
- Go Go Power Rangers #1 SDCC Exclusive A
- Go Go Power Rangers #1 SDCC Exclusive B
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2017 Annual
- Go Go Power Rangers #1 (Panorama/Pull-out)