October Toys have published their plans for SDCC including some of the products they’ll have at their booth and their planned panels. The toys they are brining include:
- Heavy Metal Baby Deadbeet – $10
- Skeleton Warriors: Baron Dark – $20
- Skeleton Warriors: Deluxe Bone Titan Skeleton – $15
- Skeleton Warriors: Bone Titan Skeleton – $10
- Skeleton Warriors: GITD Titan Skeleton – $10
- Sketeton Head Zipper Plls – $3
- Mini Figure Surprise Boxes – includes 6 random minifigs + 3 stickers – $10
- OMFG – Series1, 2, 3 and maybe 4 – $10
Two panels they are participating in are:
Toy Break Presents : Independent Toy Design
Thursday July 9th 8pm – 9pm
Learn how independent toy producers are bringing their original and licensed creations to life. Leading toy designers George Gaspar (October Toys), Scott Tolleson (Stolle Art), Nate Mitchell (Squid Kids Ink), and H Eric Cornboy Mayse (The Four Horsemen) discuss toy production and brand development and answer audience questions. Moderated by Ayleen Gaspar (Toy Break).
Action Figure Insider Presents: Women in Toys
Friday July 10th 7pm – 8pm
For the past 10 years Action Figure Insider has been moderating panels at SDCC about action figures and collectibles. One of the most common questions asked is, “where are the women?” This year, that questions will be answered with a panel made up of esteemed women in the toy industry across a wide spectrum of roles. Find out just what women can do to help and change the collectibles industry. Ask questions of these industry professionals and come talk toys! Panelists include Kat Sapene (prototype painter, Sideshow Toys), Aileen Gaspar (owner, October Toys), Irene Mater (freelance sculptor), and Allison Nehls (Kidrobot) Moderated by Daniel Pickett (Action Figure Insider).