It’s a big year for giant robots as Voltron is celebrating the 30th anniversary of it’s 1984 television series. To celebrate this milestone a year-long celebration is underway and includes an all new 30th Anniversary commemorative logo, cool new products and collaborations and fan events at both SDCC and NYCC. Paired with a substantial social media presence, there’s a ton of ways for fans to interact with their favorite lion combining franchise. The below brands are among those included in the anniversary evenings with more to be announced on www.30th.voltron.com.
- ACIDFREE GALLERY: This online art gallery will offer a limited-edition giclee print by artist Vincent Aseo.
- BAIT: Voltron Lions coach jackets, t-shirts and socks are available from this lifestyle brand whose mission is all about going after what you desire in life, fashion, and love with no regrets or apologies.
- FINESSE: Three exclusive Voltron skateboard decks are available from the skate and art lifestyle brand that encourages youth to follow their dreams.
- HAN CHOLO: An exclusive stainless steel ring is available for Voltron fans from the brand that makes badass jewelry for badass people.
- ILLEST: Voltron fans will find T-shirts, skate decks, key chains, stickers and more from the clothing line that is more than a simple expression. Born in the hip-hop culture, Illest continues to bring cool street wear to the next level.
- MIGHTY FINE: This progressive pop culture T-shirt design company hosted its first ever Voltron design contest focused on creating all new wearable fan art. The winning designs were voted on by fans and will be announced today.
- TOYNAMI: Introducing limited-edition toys for the 30th Anniversary, Toynami is the only place fans can find the Jumbo Lion Voltron, which stands more than 25 inches in height and has shooting fists and rolling wheels. Also available is the five-inch Lion Force Voltron, represented in the popular Super-Deformed style. A third limited-edition toy will be available during the fall/holiday season.
- VIZ MEDIA: Giving fans a rare look at the history of the show and the pop culture phenomenon that Voltronhas become, VIZ Media offers the new coffee-table book “Voltron: From Days of Long Ago.” The international media company will also host a Voltron panel at this year’s New York Comic Con where limited editions of the book will be available for sale in booth #1944.