My first panel for the year is Hasbro’s Transformers panel. I’ve also got a few pictures from this morning’s Transformers breakfast. The big news of the breakfast and panel was the reveal of the new combiner theme. Both Superion and Menasor are looking pretty awesome. They feature ‘Scrambe City’ type functionality where you can interchange parts and swap out limbs. The addition of being able to use some Legends scale figures as weapons also puts a new spin on things. Other notes from the panel:
- G1 Dinobot Sludge/”Slog” will be Amazon exclusive
- IDW will be doing a ‘Combiner Wars’ storyline
- Combiners start Jan ’15
- Legends Wave 1 -Powerglide, Thundercracker, Windcharger, Bombshell
- Deluxe wave 1Firefly, Skydive, Alpha Bravo, Dragstrip
- Deluxe wave 2 Air Raid, Dead End, Breakdown, Offroad
- An IDW Comic will be in each deluxe set.
- Voyager Wave 1 – Silverbolt, Optimus Prime – he’s the core of a combiner!
- Voyager Wave 2 – Motormaster
We also got a sneak peak of the upcoming Transformers: Robots in Disguise show. The core team from Transformers: Prime has remained on as well as the animation studio. The show will be in the same continuity of Prime, but not take place immediately afterwards. The show will air in 2015. We also got a small peak at 2015 toys where 1-step changers will continue and the Legion Wave 2 will include Strong arm (female autobot) and Optimus Prime and Warrior Wave 1 includes a Bumblebee