If you’re looking for a spooky way to dress up your Playmobil sets for Halloween, you’re in for a treat (no tricks here!). Today they sent over details of a new duo pack of Vampires! The set, Duo Pack Vampires (5329) includes both a male and female vampire figure as well as a candlestick, goblet, tiara, and other accessories. This set has a SRP of $5.49 and is available now!
Playmobil is also sponsoring a Halloween themed contest on Facebook giving you the chance to win a spooky prize by submitting a photo of your carved or painted pumpkin at https://www.facebook.com/PlaymobilUSA, but hurry – the contest ends Saturday 10/18th!
I’ve been back in the AwesomeToyBlog HQ for a few days now and I’ve been thinking about the thousands of new toys I saw over the past week. The below list captures many of my favorites, I did try to have some variety here so it’s not my 10 favorite things from Hasbro. Also these items are not presented in order…I’d be hard pressed to single out my absolute favorite new item. Enjoy.
- Star Wars Black Series 6″ Figures – Jabba? Speederbiker? Chewbacca? Darth Vader? Near perfection. I saw these figures 3 times over the course of the show and each time I was blown away by them. I’m not a huge fan of the 6″ scale, but you win this time Hasbro. You win – these are amazing.
- Bandai Sprukits – When I went to the Bandai booth my PR contact suggested I check these out – and I’m grateful I did (Thanks Sarah!). I thought these model kits which build an articulated action figure were super cool.
- S. H. Figuarts Mario. I had already pre-ordered the figure and accessory kits before I went to toy fair, but the huge booth display really sold me on the figure.
- Buffy Pop! Vinyl Figures – Years ago when Pop! vinyls were just rolling, in one of my emails with Funko I asked when I could expect Buffy Pop! vinyls. I guess the answer should have been 2014. Well worth the wait.
- NECA’s Quarter Scale Arkham Batman – Totally gorgeous. NECA knocked him out of the park. I’ve been waffling on the quarter scale Batmen so far…this is the one that got me.
- Playmobil’s ‘Rock Climbers with Mountain Animals’ set – As an occasional rock climber, the moment I saw this set I had to have it. To top it off, this set includes a family of marmots. Marmots!
- Kill Bill figures from Diamond Select Toys. – When I saw Adam16bit on Sunday of Toy Fair he told me how cool these were, and when I saw the figures on Monday, I realized how right he was. These look great! Since photography wasn’t allowed, you’ll just have to take my word for it.
- Twilight Zone Vintage-esque figures – Presented in the ‘Kenner’ style, but with a screen-accurate black and white twist. These looked great…and I’ll admit, I’m a bit of a sucker for black & white figures from shows that were shown in black & white.
- Kotobukiya’s Avengers ArtFx+ Statues – I was excited when these were teased at the 2013 Toy Fair. I thought the prototypes at SDCC looked great. Seeing the team assembled at Toy Fair 2014 was perfect. I’ll be making shelf space for these.
- Shockwave vinyl figure from Loyal Subjects – It’s a little cute Shockwave! What’s not to love?
Playmobil is celebrating its’ 40th birthday this year, and to celebrate they have an awesome product line on display at Toy Fair! Among the new themes introduced this year are Asian Dragon’s Land, special 40th Anniversary sets, camping and mountain life. My favorite products on display were the camping sets, which featured soft goods tents, the Remote Controlled Police Car with camera, the shopping mall (which features a working ATM) and the Rock Climbers with Mountain Animals.
There was a ton of great product on display- the gallery below has photos from their showroom. Enjoy!
Here are the official images from Playmobil for their 2013 releases. They had some really great product from their ‘disco’ playset down to their pizza guy figure. It’s all here for your enjoyment!
Playmobil would have won the award for most original booth, had there been one. The entire exterior of their booth space was like a giant Playmobil log fence – a perfect fit for the western theme of some of their sets. And while the western sets were excellent (being a Phoenix resident, I found myself loving the Playmobil catci) my favorite set had to be the disco, which had a working disco ball. The rock star sets were also very cool, I’ll be buying the keyboardist for sure.
Other items that really popped in the booth were a huge cargo plane and train, a continuation of their blind bagged figures and they also had an awesome pizza guy figure. Check out all the items from my showroom tour in the gallery below.
The kind folks at Playmobil were kind enough to give me a tour of their booth at toy fair (a drop in at that!) and they have a ton of product on the horizon for the year. A few of the highlights include the blind bagged figures series 2 and 3 (I mean, there’s a Lady Gaga in there!), the return of a huge pirate ship, and the introduction of small sports themed sets planned to coincide with the summer olympics. I totally have to get myself one of the weightlifters, it was awesome.
They had a ton of product, really something to appeal to everyone. Why don’t you browse this gallery of images they provided (125 of them!) and see what tickles your fancy?
While I realize the toy selection is limited at Barnes & Noble, there’s a 50% off coupon available here, which is valid on Legos and Playmobil items (and…you know…books and stuff). If your store has some stock, this is a great opportunity to save some money on some lego. The coupon is valid through April 3rd.