As part of Kabam’s fourth annual appearance at New York Comic-Con, located at the Javits Center, the company is kicking off their latest appearance with the reveal of Morningstar, an original Marvel character created for the free-to-play mobile fighting game Marvel Contest of Champions. From Oct. 5-8, New York Comic-Con attendees can meet with the Kabam team at Booth #1466 and be the first to try out Morningstar alongside classic Marvel hero Blade before their in-game debut later this month.
Morningstar is an all-new original Marvel character debuting in Marvel Contest of Champions. She started out as a bloodthirsty and tyrannical queen at the turn of the 10th century who was overthrown and imprisoned in a specially-built “iron maiden” torture device made to trap the soul of the tortured beyond death. After many years, she has been given the chance for revenge by Mephisto, Lord of Lies, and her iron maiden prison has been transformed into golem-like armor as she wanders the land in search of her infamous demon sword – La Fleur du Mal – currently in the possession of Guillotine, another Marvel character that debuted in Marvel Contest of Champions.
Marvel Contest of Champions is a mobile arcade-style fighting game that goes beyond the films and dives deep into the Marvel Universe. Super Heroes and Super Villains from Marvel’s Avengers, The Defenders, X-Men, Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy, and more battle it out in iconic Marvel locations in an epic storyline that stays true to classic Marvel storytelling. Immediately following its launch in December 2014, Marvel Contest of Champions was awarded the App Store’s Editors’ Choice.
For more information and the latest updates, visit www.playcontestofchampions.com or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/marvelcontestofchampions. Also, follow Marvel Contest of Champions on Twitter at @MarvelChampions
Details on Kabam’s New York Comic-Con plans, including the first Morningstar / Blade hands-on, the 2017 NYCC MCOC tournament, and prizes to collect at the booth can be found here.
New York Comic-Con is fast approaching, and Kabam’s hit mobile and online game Marvel Contest of Champions is coming to New York Comic-Con! Offering tournament-style gameplay on the show floor, the Marvel Contest of Champions team will award prize packages to daily winners as well as the grand prize winner, but visitors to the booth can also get free swag, including exclusive Marvel Minimates!
Two original characters from the game, Guillotine and Civil Warrior, have been turned into 2-inch Marvel MInimates, each with 14 points of articulation and character-specific accessories. The French-Algerian vigilante Guillotine comes with her sword, La Fleur du Mal, which thirsts to punish the guilty; the mysterious Civil Warrior, believed to be an alternate reality’s Captain America, comes with his repulsor-tech shield.
One random bagged Minimate will be given to each visitor to the Marvel Contest of Champions booth, #1466, with a limit of one per day.
Kabam’s has announced the addition of Mephisto to the Marvel: Contest of Champions mobile game. Check out his bio and stats below and then check out the Prince of Lies in the game – you won’t even have to give up your marriage to Mary Jane! If you’re not playing the game, you can pick it up in Apples App Store or in the Google Play store.
Mephisto is an extra-dimensional demon whose main goal is to break the will and enslave the souls of noble Champions; though he cannot take their souls himself, his treachery and deception is often enough to convince his victims to give them up willingly. Mephisto is continually seeking to add more spirits to his realm, using them to his advantage whenever he sees fit. As a demon who has collected numerous souls, Mephisto is practically immortal and his fiery power is eternal.
Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
- Health: 15,508
- Attack: 1,148
- Max PI:
○ Without Signature: 3804
○ With Signature (99): 4783
Character Class: Mystic
Special 1: Soul Imprisonment – Mephisto blasts lava from his mouth and then immediately summons a mystical wave of bones, imprisoning the opponent’s soul.
Special 2: Aura of Incineration – Lashing his opponent with his whip, Mephisto then conjures an aura of incineration around himself.
Special 3: Alternate Reality – Mephisto manipulates reality to shrink his opponent, swallowing them in order to drain their Power and spitting them out when he is done.
Signature Ability: Burning Aura – Mephisto burns with anger when getting struck, activating his Aura of Incineration around himself.
- Pact with a Demon with Doctor Strange and Ghost Rider
- Mephisto: +70% Incinerate Energy Damage.
- Doctor Strange: Life Steal Heals an additional 70%.
- Ghost Rider: +10% Attack at the start of the fight.
- Demons with Dormammu
- Mephisto, Dormammu: +80% Energy Resistance while taking Damage over time.
MARVEL Contest of Champions is welcoming Cletus Kasady, aka Carnage, into The Contest!
Cletus Kasady was a serial killer from Brooklyn, psychotic and depraved from an early age. As a cellmate of Eddie Brock’s, he bonded with a spawn of the Venom Symbiote during a prison break, and merged into a single twisted being. Kasady and the Symbiote would go on a killing spree, earning them their name: Carnage. With the Symbiote amplifying Kasady’s psychotic tendencies, there’s no telling how deep their acts of depravity will plunge.
- Special 1: Frenzied Assault – Carnage hurls himself at his opponent, rending with limbs and tentacles alike. This attack receives +998.5 additional Critical Rate.
- Special 2: Rabid Onslaught – Carnage uses his tentacles to suddenly propel himself towards his target while he strikes with his claws. This attack receives +1529.33 Critical Damage Rating.
- Special 3: Aberrant Soul – Carnage uses his tentacles to pin his opponent in place, allowing him take the time to revel in the carnage he creates. 100% chance to cause the Opponent to Bleed, dealing 3671.25 direct damage over 20 seconds.
SIGNATURE ABILITY – BLOODLUST
- The sight and smell of blood triggers Carnage’s bloodlust, granting him up to +19.99% increased Power Gain, while his Opponent is Bleeding.
- The longer the Opponent has been continuously Bleeding the greater the bonus, reaching the maximum after 20 seconds.
- Howard the Duck
- Howard’s defences are based heavily around his Armor Up effects, and Carnage’s Bleeds don’t care about that armor at all! And if Howard survives long enough for his Armor Ups begin to fall off, Carnage will be gaining more and more Buffs.
- Black Widow
- Ironically in this matchup, Black Widow’s Signature Ability can actually benefit Carnage, as its Ability Accuracy Reduction can prevent him from swapping his passives. This makes it easier to avoid swapping to a defensive Passive effect, just before converting to a permanent Buff.
- Carnage focuses on doing big damage with his Bleed effects. Since Electro does damage back based on your hits to him, Carnage can minimize the amount of damage returned to him due to the Bleed.
- Doctor Strange
- Doctor Strange has all sorts of Nullify to ruin Carnage’s day. Counterspell has a chance to remove Carnage’s permanent Buffs as they are applied, and his Special 2 can remove them after they’ve been applied as well.
- Ronan loves to go up against Champions who have a lot of Buffs and guess what Carnage has? There’s pretty much two ways to play this match-up. Either go all in, build up your Buffs and don’t get hit, or limit your Buffs by limiting your Special Attacks, focus on building to Special 3, and ride that Bleed.
- Doctor Voodoo
- There are so many ways for Doctor Voodoo to be dangerous to Carnage. If damage is his goal, his Special 1 can convert all those Buffs to Poison; so suppress a powerful Carnage his Signature Ability has a chance to prevent the Passive from converting to a Buff, or he can just Power Drain Carnage to prevent him from throwing enough Special Attacks to stack many Buffs.