Funko has announced the latest pair to join the Rock Candy line – Buffy and Willow. As Buffy the Vampire Slayer celebrates it’s 20th birthday, you’ll be able to add Buffy Summers and Willow Rosenberg to your Funko collection. Both of these are expected to be available in August.
Monogram has announced their 9th SDCC exclusive – a pair of 3D magnets from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Priced at $10, this set is limited to 500 pieces and features an exclusive Belle in a yellow glitter gown. This exclusive, as well as all of Monogram’s other products will be available at booth #3645.
Iconic cult classic Buffy the Vampire Slayer continues its 20th anniversary celebration during San Diego Comic-Con with a special fan event hosted by Legion M in conjunction with 20th Century Fox Consumer Products.
Coinciding with San Diego Comic-Con, the “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 20 Years of Slaying” fan event will be held Saturday, July 22 from 6-9 pm at Side Bar in the Gaslamp Quarter (exact address is 536 Market Street). Fans interested in attending the “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 20 Years of Slaying” event can register on the official Buffy Facebook page here. A portion of this event will also be livestreamed to this Facebook page.
Scoobies, Slayerettes and Whedonites can take part in a night of slayage that will include the following:
- Buffy Fandom Feud Trivia Contest – Fans will get the opportunity to win Slayer Swag as they team up to show off their Buffy knowledge!
- Buffy Cosplay Contest – Damian Beurer co-host of Super Power Beat Down, and executive at Legion M, will host this Buffy Cosplay showdown. Calling all Buffy Cosplay fans to bring their best Scooby Gang cosplay for the opportunity to win Slayer Swag!
- Once More, With Feeling! – At the party, fans can show-off their improv skills when they get to reenact their favorite Buffy show moments.
- Fans will be treated to select appetizers and a Buffy 20thanniversary cake as they sip on signature Slayer drinks, available during the event.
- Photo opportunity with a life-size image of The Gentlemen from the popular episode “Hush.” Fans who share on social media will receive an exclusive spell in a small glass vial, a perfect keepsake for Buffy fans, from the forthcoming book Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Official Grimoire(Insight Editions, October 2017).
- Various stations including an in-person Buffy table-top board game competition from Jasco Games, and an interactive wall-sized Buffy coloring book pages from Dark Horse. Fans will be able to color and create their own Buffy art for a special digital mosaic in celebration of #BuffySlays20!
- Plus, additional giveaways and surprises!
In regards to the “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 20 Years of Slaying” fan event, Legion M Co-founder Jeff Annison stated: “As a fan-owned company we can think of no better way to spend a Saturday night in San Diego than hanging out with some of the best fans on the planet!”
Also at San Diego Comic-Con, fans will have the opportunity to pre-order the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Series 20th Anniversary Edition DVD boxed set at the Fox Booth #4229 for $99.98. Available everywhere on September 19, 2017, the DVD collection includes an official “Buffy” Dark Horse Comic Book featuring an exclusive cover available to fans for a limited time.
About the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Series 20th Anniversary Edition DVD Boxed Set
The teen years can be brutal. Especially when you’re Buffy Summers (Sarah Michelle Gellar) – a Sunnydale High School student destined to slay supernatural, blood-sucking baddies instead of hanging out at the mall. Over the seven seasons of this thrilling, witty show, Buffy struggles to maintain allies in the fight against evil, while also engaging in on-off romances with a moody vampire (David Boreanaz) or two (James Marsters). Now you can own this 39-disc set containing all 144 episodes of one of the smartest, funniest, most action-packed series ever to slay on the small screen – also starring Alyson Hannigan, Anthony Head and Nicholas Brendon.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer 20th Anniversary Consumer Products:
A wide-range of key licensees and retail partners are celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayerincluding Hot Topic, BoxLunch, Dark Horse, Simon & Schuster, Insight Editions, Funko, Harper Design, AC/DC Apparel, Jasco, Upper Deck, Ripple Junction, among others. They are sharing with fans a unique collection of Buffy apparel, accessories, board games, new books, comics and more. Among the recent highlights:
- Coming this August, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is joining the Funko Rock Candy line! Unable to escape her destiny, this series includes the Vampire Slayer herself, Buffy Summers, and her academically-excelling counterpart Willow Rosenberg…Together they’ll save the world! Add them both to your collection this Summer.
- The eagerly awaited Buffy the Vampire Slayer fashion collection is now available online at hottopic.com. Hot Topic, the retail destination for music and pop-culture inspired apparel, accessories, collectibles and more, is celebrating 20 years of slaying with a fashion collection inspired by the style of beloved Buffy characters. The line features six pieces including Willow’s iconic 90s sweater, a long trench coat inspired by Buffy, a black motorcycle jacket inspired by Faith, a white high-low dress inspired by the dress worn by Buffy in Prophecy Girl, as well as tops featuring iconic lines from the series.
Monogram has shared with us details of their 7th and 8th SDCC exclusives – a Kingdom Hearts pin set and a Kingdom Hearts Key Blade set.
The Kingdom Hearts Pewter Pin 6 piece set features a Mickey head pin, Sora head, two key blades, heartless and a Kingdom Hearts logo. Limited to 500 sets, this set is exclusively made for SDCC and is priced at $30.
The Kingdom Hearts pewter key rings include 4 different Kingdom Hearts’ key blades – and this set of four is the first to feature Fenrir and the Circle of Life Swords in pearl. This set of four keychains is priced at $40.
Funko has announced their 9th wave of SDCC exclusives as well as the first wave of exclusives that will be available at the Funko Pop!-Up shop in San Diego. This is the second year for the Pop!-Up shop, which is located at 448 West Market Street in the Marina District. Open from 10-3PM on Thursday, July 20th until Sunday, July 23rd – this will serve as a second place to pick up some awesome Funko goods.
The 9th wave of SDCC exclusives are:
- Pop! Games: Sister Location – Jumpscare Funtime Foxy
- Pop! Games: Sister Location – Jumpscare Baby
- Pop! Games: Elder Scrolls – 6” Dwarven Colossus
- Pop! Books: Dr. Seuss – Lorax (flocked)
- Pop! Power Rangers – 6” Megazord
- Pop! TV: MOTU – Scareglow (GITD)
- Dorbz Ride: MOTU – Panthor w/ Battle Armor Skeletor
- Rock Candy: MOTU – She-Ra
- Pop! Funko: Sike-O-Shriner
And the 1st wave of Pop!-Up Shop exclusives are:
- Pop! Animation: Looney Tunes – Pete Puma (1000pc LE)
- Pop! Animation: Looney Tunes – Mr. Hyde & Bugs Bunny 2-pack (850pc LE)
- Pop! Animation: Looney Tunes – Super Hero Daffy Duck (2000pc LE)
- Pop! Animation: Duck Dodgers – Marvin the Martian (Neon Lime – 1000pc LE)
- Pop! Animation: Duck Dodgers – Marvin the Martian (Neon Magenta – 2500pc LE)
- Pop! Animation: Duck Dodgers – Marvin the Martian (Neon Orange – 1000pc LE)
- Dorbz: Hanna-Barbera Astronauts 4-pack – Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, Boo Boo, and Mr. Jinx (1000pc LE)
- Dorbz: Jester Bugs Bunny & Knight Yosemite Sam 2-pack (2700pc LE)
- Rock Candy: The Flintstones – Wilma Flintstone
- Rock Candy: The Flintstones – Betty Rubble
- Rock Candy: The Jetsons – Judy Jetson (2000pc LE)
When classic, retro-styled toys collide with iconic, beloved Marvel characters, everyone wins! San Diego Comic-Con gets the very coolest things. The only thing cooler than actual, vintage toys are modern toys that recreate a classic retro style. That’s because not only can they capitalize on the classic aesthetic, but they can also iron out the little problems those toys had and make them perform even better. And when those classic, retro toys are made in very limited numbers, then collectors tend to get excited!
Thanks to Entertainment Earth, you can get this amazing Spider-Man Wood Push Puppet—Convention Exclusive, while supplies last. This exclusive puppet lets you control cute little Peter Parker in his Spider-Man getup! Push the hidden button on the bottom and he dances, sways flops, and pops back up! This toy is reminiscent of traditional push puppets, which you might know as Wakouwa.
Have I mentioned that his 5-inch wooden push puppet is a convention exclusive? Created from solid wood, this push puppet features vivid hand-painted artwork and a few decal elements. This is a highly limited production of only 492 pieces, available only to those who come and buy it from the Entertainment Earth booth at San Diego Comic-Con. Each one is individually numbered with a holographic sticker. Hurry down to the booth!
The first opportunity fans can grab this individually numbered and limited edition exclusive will be at San Diego Comic-Con on July 20, 2017, in the Entertainment Earth booth (#2343)!
Not attending San Diego Comic-Con 2017? * Pre-order the Spider-Man Push Puppet at Entertainment Earth now!
Icon Heroes has announced their next SDCC exclusive – a deluxe statue of the Evil Queen from ABC’s hit show ‘Once Upon A Time’. This statue stands approximately 8″ tall, features two interchangeable right arms, is individually numbered and includes a certificate of authenticity. This statue is limited to just 300 pieces and is priced at $65. You can get yours at the Icon Heroes booth at SDCC.
Two additional SDCC exclusives made their debut on Mattel’s pre-order shop today, both from the upcoming Justice League movie. Both of these are available for pre-order for pick-up at the show and can be found at shop.mattel.com/shop.
Justice League Cyborg Origins Figure – $25
Premium, exclusive Cyborg™ action figure in Mother Box packaging!
Activate alien tech power with this exclusive Cyborg™ figure from the new Justice League™ movie! Dr. Silas Stone saved his son Victor with a mysterious Mother Box and now you can connect and engage his super human mechanics. The 6-inch, highly detailed deluxe Cyborg™ figure comes suspended in Man’s World styled Mother Box packaging. Press a button at the base and see the action figure’s torso and left eye light up in red LED. Authentic lab tech sounds play as the lights flash, the Mother Box becomes active and Victor Stone™ becomes Cyborg™! The figure features updated silver colored power suit, iconic White Noise Cannon arms and a translucent mask and chest to recreate authentic on screen action. Join Cyborg™ and the Justice League™ team as they battle evil forces to save mankind!
- Exclusive, authentic 6” scale Cyborg™ action figure from the new Justice League™ movie.
- 20 points of articulation for epic story play and posing.
- Iconic details include red and silver colored power suit with translucent Electro-eye mask and torso.
- Comes in Man’s World styled Mother Box packaging.
- Button activates Mother Box’s red LED lights and sounds.
Hot Wheels 2017 Exclusive Justice League Batmobile – $25
Teaming up with the Justice League™, Batman™ brings a heavily enhanced Batmobile™ with upgraded technological advances into battle! Including a “rail-mounted” gun on the windshield that rotates from left to right, this solid die-cast edition features Real Riders wheels.
The new Batmobile™ will come in an exclusive Justice League™-themed package worthy of display, but it is so secret we can’t show it to you yet. You won’t find this special edition die-cast vehicle on the streets of Gotham City™ – only at San Diego Comic-Con.
Funko today announced their 8th wave of SDCC exclusives – all themed around the Wonderful World of Disney. All of these will be available at SDCC, many of these will be available at a number of retailers that are sharing the exclusives. Today’s new announcements are:
- Pop! Disney: Chip & Dale 2-pack (Flocked)
- Pop! Disney: Winnie the Pooh – Bouncing Tigger (Flocked)
- Pop! Disney: Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride – Mr. Toad (1500 LE)
- Pop! Disney: Moana – Hei Hei
- Pop! Disney: Disneyland Resort – Jolly Roger (Glow-in-the-Dark 1000 LE)
- Pop! Disney: Darkwing Duck – Negatron (Glow-in-the-Dark)
- Dorbz Ridez: Aladdin – Aladdin & Abu with Magic Carpet
Gentle Giant announced their next two SDCC exclusives – both mini busts that celebrate the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: A New Hope. Premier Guild Members will have the opportunity to pre-order the exclusives before the show – everyone else will need to grab them there.
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot) Star Wars 40th Anniversary Classic Mini Bust
From farm boy to Red 5.
40 years ago Star Wars: A New Hope took us all on a journey alongside Luke Skywalker and his friends as they made a daring rescue to save a princess and the galaxy. Young Luke Skywalker joins the rebellion as a pilot on their mission to destroy the ominous and deadly Death Star. Luke exhibits his father’s natural prowess as a pilot and uses the Force to save the day.
Depicted as he appears in Star Wars Episode VI: A New Hope, the Gentle Giant Ltd. 1:6th scale Luke Skywalker Classic Bust combines the timeless aesthetics of sculpture from Greek and Roman antiquity, with one of popular cultures most recognizable characters. Added to the base of this special edition bust is Luke’s lightsaber, given to him earlier in the film by his master, mentor and friend Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Each limited edition hand-painted polyresin bust comes individually numbered and is paired with a matching special edition certificate of authenticity done by artist Brian Roo
Darth Vader Star Wars 40th Anniversary Classic Mini Bust
Once a powerful Jedi Knight, Darth Vader was consumed by the Dark Side of the Force to become a dreaded Sith Lord of the Galactic Empire. Enforcing the evil will of the Emperor, Vader seeks to crush the Rebellion. Lord Vader is so determined to thwart the Rebel forces that he eventually takes to his own custom T.I.E. Fighter to join the fight and defeat the Rebel’s ragtag fleet.
Depicted as he appears in Star Wars Episode VI: A New Hope, the Gentle Giant Ltd. 1:6th scale Darth Vader Classic Bust combines the timeless aesthetics of sculpture from Greek and Roman antiquity, with one of popular cultures most recognizable characters. Added to the base is Darth Vader’s iconic lightsaber hilt, the preferred weapon of the Sith.
Each limited edition hand-painted polyresin bust comes individually numbered and is paired with a matching special edition certificate of authenticity done by artist Brian Rood.
Mattel today revealed one of their Hot Wheels SDCC exclusives and it’s lifted right from the pages of Marvel’s history books. The ‘Spider-Mobile’ is Spider-Man’s dune buggy for times when web slinging across town just doesn’t cut it and it’s now gotten the Hot Wheels treatment for SDCC. Priced at $15 this 1:64 scale vehicle features rubber tires.
In 1:5 packages the Spider-Mobile will be swapped out for Deadpool’s Dead-Buggy and feature ‘vandalized’ artwork and a letter from Deadpool explaining the swap. As these are blind boxed, you won’t know which you’re getting at the show until you open it up.
Check these out below and pick one up at Mattel’s SDCC booth.
Announced last week, Hasbro has sent over hi-res images of the upcoming 3.75″ 2-pack celebrating MARVEL vs. CAPCOM: INFINITE. This Target exclusive 2-pack has an approximate retail price of $19.99 and will be available in Fall 2017 and features Iron Man vs. Mega Man.
Check them out below and look for them this fall at Target.
Icon Heroes has announced their 4th SDCC exclusive, the Arrow TV Green Arrow animated statue. This 6″ statue is an animated take on TV’s Arrow based on art by Lord Mesa. Each statue is hand painted, individually numbered and includes a certificate of authenticity. Priced at $50 and limited to just 300 pieces, you can pick this statue up at the Icon Heroes booth at SDCC, #3345.
Lord Mesa will be appearing in the booth on Saturday, July 22nd from 1-2PM and will be signing the statue.
Hasbro today announced the newest addition to their SDCC line-up with the PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME. Primitive Skateboarding, the company founded by legendary skateboarder Paul Rodriquez, collaborated with Hasbro to create this special edition item. The Transformers Primitive Optimus Prime figure was co-designed by Paul and features Primitive Skate’s classic black and gold colors for a more sophisticated and on-brand look. The figure is even placed in a Primitive Skate-inspired packaging that looks like a “skate shoe” box featuring grip-tape inspired texture. See complete details and pictures below.
TRANSFORMERS PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME Figure
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $49.99/Available at Booth #3329 at Comic-Con International in San Diego)
Before OPTIMUS PRIME was blasting DECEPTICONS in battle, he was greasing the wheels of his skateboard with fellow skater, SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS. Shredding rad gnar on the boardwalks of the Senti Rust Pier, they up their street cred while nailing down their signature trick, the Null-Ray-Ray, annihilating the competition into mere grime… Now get ready for the gnarliest TRANSFORMERS stunt of the 21st century… TRANSFORMERS has worked with Primitive Skateboarding, the company founded by legendary skateboarder, Paul Rodriguez, to roll out this special edition TRANSFORMERS PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME Figure convention exclusive. Co-designed by Paul, the figure features Primitive Skate’s classic black and gold colors for a more sophisticated and on-brand look. To up the skateboarding theme, the figure is placed in premium Primitive Skate-inspired packaging that mimics a “skate shoe” box featuring grip-tape inspired texture. As the ultimate twist, the pack features rail, ramp and hover board accessories! The pack includes a LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME figure, a TITAN MASTER SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS figure and eight accessories. Converts from robot to tractor trailer in 23 steps and from tractor trailer to battle station in 10 steps. The TRANSFORMERS PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME Figure will be for sale during San Diego Comic-Con 2017. Following the convention, a limited number will be available on HasbroToyShop.com.
Monogram has announced their latest SDCC exclusive, a pair of mugs from Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts. The set includes a white Hedwig owl mug and a silver embossed Newt Scamander mug. This set of mugs is limited to just 500 sets and is priced at $30.
You’ll be able to find this set exclusively at booth #3645 at SDCC.