Mattel today hosted an event for collector’s in their toy fair show room. They shared a number of collector skewing products across their DC Multiverse line, all new Juarassic World product, Star Wars and Disney Hot Wheels, wrestling and some Imaginext product. There’s a ton of product in the galleries below, so take your time and browse!
Justice League is set to hit theaters in November and La Di Da partnered with Warner Bros. and made a fun stop-motion film introducing the Hot Wheels character cars in support of the new line from Mattel.
The video features Batman and Wonder Woman (as Hot Wheels cars) assembling the Justice League with The Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman. The League then makes a getaway in the Flying Fox! Check the video out below!
It’s almost here – Force Friday II, the launch of products for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, kicks off at midnight September 1st. Mattel sent over details off the new Hot Wheels product set to hit store shelves tonight. Keep reading for all the details and May the Force Friday Be With You.
HOT WHEELS® STAR WARS™ CHARACTER CARS MILLENNIUM FALCON™ TRACK SET (DWM85)
SRP: $ $39.99 | Age: 4+
- The Hot Wheels® Star Wars™ Millennium Falcon™ playset allows kids to reenact their favorite scenes from the Star Wars™ universe using their collection of Hot Wheels® Character Cars.
- The Millennium Falcon™ has broken down and must be fixed for battle before the First Order launches their attack.
- Take the elevator up to fix the hyperdrive, tune up the engine and man the guns. When ready to launch an attack, lower your vehicle into the Smuggler’s Bay, aim carefully and then launch your Character Cars along the Hot Wheels® track and towards the First Order to take them out and defeat the dark side.
- Other features include lights and 20+ Star Wars™ sounds.
- Set includes an exclusive Chewbacca™ Character Cars.
HOT WHEELS® STAR WARS™ CHARACTER CARS ASSORTMENT (FDJ70)
SRP: $3.99 | Age: 3+
- Two of the most iconic brands in adventure — Hot Wheels® and Star Wars™— have formed an alliance!
- Kids and collectors alike will love seeing their favorite Star Wars™ characters reimagined as Hot Wheels® cars. Each 1:64-scale Character Cars is individually designed to accurately reflect iconic Star Wars™ characters, combined with the thrill of Hot Wheels® racing excitement.
- Re-create your favorite storylines, send the cars flying at light speed on a Hot Wheels® Star Wars™ track set (sold separately), or display them with your other favorite Star Wars™ collectibles. There’s an entire galaxy to choose from — collect them all!
- New character cars include:
- Rey Jedi Training
- Elite Praetorian Guard
- Captain Phasma
- First Order Executioner
Hot Wheels® Star Wars™ Starships Assortment
SRP: $4.99 | Age: 4+
- Launch into hyperdrive with one of the most iconic starships from Star Wars™, brought to you by Hot Wheels®.
- Kids will love re-creating some of the galaxy’s most epic battles and fiercest showdowns with this detailed die-cast starship.
- Attach the flight stand (included) to display your Starship collection. Starships are compatible with Hot Wheels® Star Wars™ play sets (sold separately), so kids can build an entire galaxy of play!
- New starships include:
- Kylo Ren’s TIE Silencer
- First Order Heavy Assault Walker
- Resistance Bomber
- Crait Speeder
- Resistance A-Wing Fighter
Mattel’s pulling out all the stops for this year’s Justice League movie with a wide product line ready to go. Among the different toys in the line are highly articulated 6″ ‘collector’ figures, 12″ scale figures, an amazingly detailed electronic Batmobile stuffed with action features, electronic talking figures, character Hot Wheel cars and dolls.
You can see all of Mattel’s Justice League offerings below.
Two additional SDCC exclusives made their debut on Mattel’s pre-order shop today, both from the upcoming Justice League movie. Both of these are available for pre-order for pick-up at the show and can be found at shop.mattel.com/shop.
Justice League Cyborg Origins Figure – $25
Premium, exclusive Cyborg™ action figure in Mother Box packaging!
Activate alien tech power with this exclusive Cyborg™ figure from the new Justice League™ movie! Dr. Silas Stone saved his son Victor with a mysterious Mother Box and now you can connect and engage his super human mechanics. The 6-inch, highly detailed deluxe Cyborg™ figure comes suspended in Man’s World styled Mother Box packaging. Press a button at the base and see the action figure’s torso and left eye light up in red LED. Authentic lab tech sounds play as the lights flash, the Mother Box becomes active and Victor Stone™ becomes Cyborg™! The figure features updated silver colored power suit, iconic White Noise Cannon arms and a translucent mask and chest to recreate authentic on screen action. Join Cyborg™ and the Justice League™ team as they battle evil forces to save mankind!
- Exclusive, authentic 6” scale Cyborg™ action figure from the new Justice League™ movie.
- 20 points of articulation for epic story play and posing.
- Iconic details include red and silver colored power suit with translucent Electro-eye mask and torso.
- Comes in Man’s World styled Mother Box packaging.
- Button activates Mother Box’s red LED lights and sounds.
Hot Wheels 2017 Exclusive Justice League Batmobile – $25
Teaming up with the Justice League™, Batman™ brings a heavily enhanced Batmobile™ with upgraded technological advances into battle! Including a “rail-mounted” gun on the windshield that rotates from left to right, this solid die-cast edition features Real Riders wheels.
The new Batmobile™ will come in an exclusive Justice League™-themed package worthy of display, but it is so secret we can’t show it to you yet. You won’t find this special edition die-cast vehicle on the streets of Gotham City™ – only at San Diego Comic-Con.
Mattel today revealed one of their Hot Wheels SDCC exclusives and it’s lifted right from the pages of Marvel’s history books. The ‘Spider-Mobile’ is Spider-Man’s dune buggy for times when web slinging across town just doesn’t cut it and it’s now gotten the Hot Wheels treatment for SDCC. Priced at $15 this 1:64 scale vehicle features rubber tires.
In 1:5 packages the Spider-Mobile will be swapped out for Deadpool’s Dead-Buggy and feature ‘vandalized’ artwork and a letter from Deadpool explaining the swap. As these are blind boxed, you won’t know which you’re getting at the show until you open it up.
Check these out below and pick one up at Mattel’s SDCC booth.
As promised last week, Mattel’s first three SDCC exclusives are now available for pre-order at shop.mattel.com/shop. Pre-orders are for pick-up at SDCC only. The available exclusives are:
- DC Superhero Girls Wonder Woman & Cheetah 2-pack
- Mega Construx Destiny SDCC 2017 Iron Song Ghost Shell
- Disney-Pixar Cars 3 – Making of Lightning McQueen 3-pack
Pre-orders are available for SDCC pick-up only! All items have a purchase limit of three.
Mattel has announced details of their SDCC pre-sale for this year’s show. Starting at 9AM Monday, June 19th you’ll be able to place orders for their exclusives with on-site pick-up at the show. All items are limited to three per customers. The sale will be at shop.mattel.com/shop.
The first item was announced today, a two-pack of 12″ Super Hero Girls featuring Wonder Woman and Cheetah. You can see them in the preview picture below which also teases two other exclusives.
We expect one of the items to be a DC Multiverse figure, but stay tuned for additional details.
This morning at Toy Fair, Mattel hosted a breakfast and opened up their showroom to the press. While I got a preview of Mattel’s collector’s product yesterday, today I had the chance to see the rest of their prouct offerings. Here’s a few products that particularly stood out.
One of the coolest things was the Justice League Batmobile. So cool in fact that I recorded the demo. Watch it below.
Beyond the Batmobile, other products of note was a Hot Wheels race track that married the Hot Wheels property with Mega Construx bricks – a brilliant idea that really allows for awesome racetrack adventures to be built. This was a seriously awesome display.
The Barbie section also had a few really cool items – the first being a display that showed the diversity that Barbie offers today between skin tones and body types. But perhaps my favorite item here were a trio of Barbies, previously in the Seattle Art Museum, wearing reproduction Yves Saint Laurent outfits. These were super cool and gorgeous one of a kind items.
There was much more of interest including Fast and Furious toys, Monster High, Imaginext and so much more. See it all in the gallery below.
Mattel hosted a special collector’s event at toy fair this evening, showcasing their latest Halo, WWE, DC Multiverse, DC Superhero Girls, Minecraft and Teen Titans product.
Of particularly interest was new product from the upcoming Wonder Woman film with both the action figures (with build-an-Ares) and Wonder Woman dolls on display. The Wonder Woman figures look fantastic.
See them, and everything else from the Collector’s showcase, in the gallery below.
Funko today announced the addition of Monster High to the staple of properties that have gotten the Pop! and Rock Candy treatment. Both formats of vinyl figures are due out this December.
On the Pop! front, Frankie Stein, Clawdeen Wolf, Draculaura, Cleo de Nile, Lagoona Blue and a Walmart exclusive Skelita Calaveras are on the way.
The Rock Candy figures include Frankie Stein, Draculaura and Clawdeen Wolf.
Find these in stores everywhere this winter.
The MAX STEEL movie poster for the upcoming feature film inspired by the popular Mattel toys and TV show was revealed today. MAX STEEL is the story of an ordinary 16-year-old, Max McGrath (Ben Winchell), who discovers his body can generate the universe’s most powerful energy. When Max meets Steel (voiced by Josh Brener), they discover that together they form MAX STEEL, a teenage superhero possessing powerful strength beyond anything in our world.
You can check out a trailer here and see the poster below. The movie opens October 14th, 2016 in a theater near you.
After taking a little break from the scale, Mattel’s bringing their DC figures back to 6″ with an impressive showing at SDCC 2016. The new slate features product from all facets of the DC universe – TV, movies, comics.
Among the new reveals were the continuation of the Dark Knight Returns figures an impressive Batgirl, the complete Suicide Squad line and two impressive Collect and Connect figures (the robotic Batsuit looks amazing). Check out all the Mattel DC Multiverse product below.
Mattel posted up a surprise the other day with the reveal of an SDCC exclusive Wonder Woman in a blister pack shaped like her trademark Invisible Jet. The figure looks to be a repainted 3 3/4″ Infinite Heroes Wonder Woman with a cloth skirt. A stand is included so she can be shown in flight. No pricing details were available, look for Wonder Woman to be available during MattyCollector’s voucher sale for pick-up at SDCC.