The G.I. Joe team has officially revealed the very first Classified Series HasLab featuring the G.I. Joe Classified Series Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank. During today’s YO JOE! JUNE Fanstream on the Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel, the team showed off the new addition to the Classified Series with a fun animated video featuring the Cobra Commander.
Fans can fund the new project for $299.00 USD with 8,000 backers needed to fund the project. The HasLab page featuring Destro’s Journal, which includes all the details around the new H.I.S.S. tank can be found here.
Plus there’s an Early Bird Bonus this time around…if you back the H.I.S.S. in the first week AND it hits it’s funding goal by the end of that week you get a bonus H.I.S.S. Tactician Action Figure inspired by Ron Rudat’s designs where the final deco will be decided by fan vote.
Key features for the H.I.S.S. Tank include:
- Battery-Powered Interior and Exterior LED lighting: Includes vision lights, interior cockpit heads-up display, headlights, fog lights, rear Cobra convoy lights and the Cobra Insignia Beacon.
- Functioning wheels with moving treads: Rotating sprockets and wheels spin as the treads roll forward or backward.
- Elaborately-detailed command cockpit interior: The Cobra H.I.S.S. Driver Action Figure sits buckled with a 5-point harness adorned with Cobra logo before an illuminated control panel. You can pose the figure operating the articulated joystick and throttle controls while targeting Joe combatants.
- “Gull-wing” Canopy: The vehicle comes with features “gull wing” functioning doors with independent right and left sides that lift from center hinges allowing the Driver to enter from either side of the H.I.S.S.
- Rear Cargo Bay: The rear personnel platform provides standing room for additional troops who can be posed holding the functional handrails. Below that is a retractable tow hitch on the rear of the vehicle. The center of the personnel platform flips up allowing the rear cargo door to drop. That reveals an illuminated troop transport cargo space. Inside is a jump seat and a weapon accessory storage rack.
- Articulated turret with poseable cannon accessories: The 360-degree rotating turret includes control details and fits an additional G.I. Joe Classified Series Action Figure (sold separately). The Double “Diablo” Cannon accessories can swivel and elevate independently from one another.
- Removable engine cover detail: Behind the cockpit sits the M.A.R.S.-developed HISS-CS22 propulsion unit detail beneath a removable cover. It connects to side exhaust port details.
- Removable armor plating skirt: The Cobra H.I.S.S. comes with a removable armor plating skirt detail with reactive armor to provide extra protection for the road wheels
- Extendable cockpit boarding ladders: Flip-down boarding ladders descend from each side of the H.I.S.S. granting the Driver easier access to the cockpit