MARVEL Contest of Champions is welcoming Cletus Kasady, aka Carnage, into The Contest!
Cletus Kasady was a serial killer from Brooklyn, psychotic and depraved from an early age. As a cellmate of Eddie Brock’s, he bonded with a spawn of the Venom Symbiote during a prison break, and merged into a single twisted being. Kasady and the Symbiote would go on a killing spree, earning them their name: Carnage. With the Symbiote amplifying Kasady’s psychotic tendencies, there’s no telling how deep their acts of depravity will plunge.
- Special 1: Frenzied Assault – Carnage hurls himself at his opponent, rending with limbs and tentacles alike. This attack receives +998.5 additional Critical Rate.
- Special 2: Rabid Onslaught – Carnage uses his tentacles to suddenly propel himself towards his target while he strikes with his claws. This attack receives +1529.33 Critical Damage Rating.
- Special 3: Aberrant Soul – Carnage uses his tentacles to pin his opponent in place, allowing him take the time to revel in the carnage he creates. 100% chance to cause the Opponent to Bleed, dealing 3671.25 direct damage over 20 seconds.
SIGNATURE ABILITY – BLOODLUST
- The sight and smell of blood triggers Carnage’s bloodlust, granting him up to +19.99% increased Power Gain, while his Opponent is Bleeding.
- The longer the Opponent has been continuously Bleeding the greater the bonus, reaching the maximum after 20 seconds.
- Howard the Duck
- Howard’s defences are based heavily around his Armor Up effects, and Carnage’s Bleeds don’t care about that armor at all! And if Howard survives long enough for his Armor Ups begin to fall off, Carnage will be gaining more and more Buffs.
- Black Widow
- Ironically in this matchup, Black Widow’s Signature Ability can actually benefit Carnage, as its Ability Accuracy Reduction can prevent him from swapping his passives. This makes it easier to avoid swapping to a defensive Passive effect, just before converting to a permanent Buff.
- Carnage focuses on doing big damage with his Bleed effects. Since Electro does damage back based on your hits to him, Carnage can minimize the amount of damage returned to him due to the Bleed.
- Doctor Strange
- Doctor Strange has all sorts of Nullify to ruin Carnage’s day. Counterspell has a chance to remove Carnage’s permanent Buffs as they are applied, and his Special 2 can remove them after they’ve been applied as well.
- Ronan loves to go up against Champions who have a lot of Buffs and guess what Carnage has? There’s pretty much two ways to play this match-up. Either go all in, build up your Buffs and don’t get hit, or limit your Buffs by limiting your Special Attacks, focus on building to Special 3, and ride that Bleed.
- Doctor Voodoo
- There are so many ways for Doctor Voodoo to be dangerous to Carnage. If damage is his goal, his Special 1 can convert all those Buffs to Poison; so suppress a powerful Carnage his Signature Ability has a chance to prevent the Passive from converting to a Buff, or he can just Power Drain Carnage to prevent him from throwing enough Special Attacks to stack many Buffs.