With Nickelodeon’s exclusives out of the way, we can now take some time to look at Nickelodeon’s plans for the show. They have four panels lined up and a ton of activities in their booth space on the floor. Below is from their press release and has all the details!
Nickelodeon’s booth is inspired by the excitement and imagination streaming out of its Burbank Animation Studio. Spiraling down to the floor from the ceiling of the convention center, the booth’s bold collage design showcases beloved hits that have come from the studio, like Rugrats, The Ren & Stimpy Show, The Fairly OddParents, Invader Zim, SpongeBob SquarePants and more.
For the first time, the network will hold an open call during the convention for original animated project ideas. Nick’s animation development team will be on-site from Thursday, July 24, to Saturday, July 26, with the goal of greenlighting a pitch for its global Animated Shorts Program, which is designed to identify and develop original comedy-driven content for kids.
Nickelodeon’s booth will feature fan activations that include a voice-record room where fans can lend their own voices to select scenes from their favorite Nick TV shows; a GIF Booth; a fan-art competition and autograph signings with Tom Kenny, Sean Astin, Janey Varney and more.
The network also will present four panels: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; Sanjay and Craig; The Legend of Korra;and Nickelodeon’s New Animation Pipeline which will give fans an inside look at the network’s new and upcoming series (Breadwinners, Bad Seeds (working title), Pig Goat Banana Cricket).
Nickelodeon Comic-Con Activity:
- Open Call for Animated Project Ideas: Nickelodeon’s animation development team will hold an open call for original animated project ideas, aiming to greenlight a pitch to be developed as part of its global Animated Shorts Program during the week of convention. A limited number of one-on-one pitches will be scheduled with pre-registered attendees at Nickelodeon’s booth on the main convention floor. Participants must register in advance for their one-on-one meetings and will have 15 minutes to pitch their idea. Guidelines, restrictions, and pre-registration information are available at www.nickshortspitches.com.
- VO Your Favorite Show: The center of the Nick booth will feature a voice record booth where fans can test their voiceover skills by recording their own scene from a popular Nick animated show. Participants will be video recorded and will receive an email of the video featuring a side-by-side of the booth with the animated scene to share with friends.
- Animated GIF booth: Fans can stop by the booth for a special photo experience. Participants can handpick their favorite Nick accessories or character cutouts and create a Nick-ified GIF to share across their social accounts.
- Tumblr Fan Art Contest: This activation will kick-off with a pre-Comic-Con announcement encouraging fans to upload art of their favorite Nick character, past or present, to their Tumblr using #NickFanArt for a chance to have it featured at the Nick booth during the convention. The winning 10-15 pieces will be showcased on the main booth screen, as well as photographed with key talent/creators.
- Autograph Signings: Duringthe convention, Nickelodeon talent and executives will be signing autographs for fans. Signing opportunities include: SpongeBob SquarePants voice talent; The Legend of Korra creators and talent; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles talent and executive producers; Sanjay and Craig creators and talent; Breadwinners creators, Pig Goat Banana Cricket creators and Bad Seeds (working title) creators; and Power Rangers Super Megaforce cast.
- Costumed Characters Appearances: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star and Power Rangers Megaforce characters will make appearances during the convention.
- Giveaways: Fans have chance to win special products over the course of the convention.
- Friday, July 25, 11:15a.m.–12:15p.m. — Nickelodeon: Legend of Korra: Book 3 — Join executive producer and creator team Mike Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko (Avatar: The Last Airbender) as they give a behind-the-scenes peek at how they create one of animation’s most stunning television productions. Special guests include voice actors: Janet Varney (Korra); David Faustino (Mako); Seychelle Gabriel (Asami); Mindy Sterling (Lin Beifong) and John Michael Higgins (Varrick). The panel includes an exclusive sneak peek screening of a new Book 3, Change episode. Moderated by Megan Casey (VP of Current Series for Nickelodeon). Room: Ballroom 20.
- Saturday, July 26, 11:15a.m.–12:15p.m. — Nickelodeon: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Booyakasha! – Revel in the mutation madness as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles nunchuk their way through bad guys, eat pizza and kick Kraang butt! Executive producers Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman pull back the curtain to give an in-depth look at the creation of the current series and talk with the amazing voice talent behind NYC’s most dangerous teenagers: Sean Astin (Raphael); Rob Paulsen (Donatello); Greg Cipes (Michelangelo); Seth Green (Leonardo); Mae Whitman (April O’Neil); Josh Peck (Casey Jones) and Kelly Hu (Karai). Moderated by Rich Magallanes (SVP of Current Series Animation for Nickelodeon). Room: 6A.
- Sunday, July 27, 10:00a.m.–11:00a.m. — Nickelodeon: New Animated Comedies – Bringing you Buds, Baps & Bad Seeds! — Be the first to see an exclusive sneak peek of Nickelodeon’s all new LOL-inducing animated comedies! You’ll also get an insider’s look at the creative process behind these funny, warped, endearing and booty-shaking shows. The panel features Breadwinners creators Steve Borst and Gary “Doodles” Di Raffaele; Bad Seeds (working title) creator C.H. Greenblatt; Pig Goat Banana Cricket creators JRyan and Dave Cooper; and executive producer David Sacks. Moderated by Rich Magallanes (SVP of Current Series Animation for Nickelodeon). Room 7AB.
- Sunday, July 27, 1:00p.m. – 2:00p.m. — Nickelodeon: Sanjay and Craig – Dude! What’s up? — For the first time ever at Comic-Con, the rad-awesome stars of Sanjay and Craig will perform an episode live, accompanied by clips and storyboard panels from the series. Co-creators Jay Howell and Jim Dirschberger will operate a sound board and pepper the performance with noiice SFX. Scheduled to perform are Chris Hardwick (The Nerdist); Maulik Pancholy (30 Rock); Tony Hale (Arrested Development); Matt Jones (Breaking Bad); John DiMaggio (Futurama); Nika Futterman and other special guests. Following the performance will be an exclusive sneak peek at an upcoming episode and audience Q&A with cast and creators. All children, doom babies, chicken-wing-eaters and talking snakes are welcome! Moderated by Claudia Spinelli (VP of Current Series for Nickelodeon) Room: 6A.
Additionally, Nickelodeon’s presence will be seen at various locations throughout the convention with our partners’ booth activations. Partner activity includes: SpongeBob SquarePants and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles products sold at Funko booth; mini TMNT giveaway at Mega Blocks booth; TMNT IDW comic giveaway and Shredder build sold at Lego booth; TMNT banks and mini-mate figures sold at Diamond Comics booth; original black and white TMNT figures sold at Playmates booth; exclusive Bebop and Rocksteady vinyl figures sold at Kidrobot booth; Battle Damage Turtles sold at The Loyal Subjects booth; Just Like Me “Lil Mikey” sold at Mondo booth and Korra specialty merchandise and Aang figure sold at Dark Horse booth.